Tuesday, March 20, 2012

M is for Monitor

This week, I am checking on my progress toward the goals I set in my GAME plan.  Monitoring the actions taken in a GAME plan is vital to the success of the goals set (Cennamo, Ross, & Ertmer, 2010).  I reviewed my goals, and recognized the actions I have taken.  I did revisit the wiki which was created by me along with other Walden students.  I find that the wiki has changed drastically since I last reviewed the information.  I also find the organization to be confusing.  Some of my fellow students made organizational choices which are not my preference.  This has caused me to modify my plan slightly.  I will still post technological resources, but I will create a page on my class wiki for this content.  This way, I have control over both the content and the organization of the content.  Plus, this will allow my students and their parents to easily access the resources if they choose.  I can also share this wiki with my colleagues. 
I am the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) coordinator for my school.  Earlier in the year, I created a folder of STEM related resources.  I will combine the content on the wiki with the content in the folder.  In order for this to be a meaningful experience, I will methodically choose which resources to include, rather than simply copying and pasting. 
Once the resources are compiled, I will use the wiki as a reference when planning for instruction.  I would like to document how I use each resource as they are added.  This will be beneficial in two ways.  First, this will assist others in choosing the correct resource to enhance instruction.  Secondly, this will allow me to decide whether or not to use the activities in the future.  It is easy to get overwhelmed and to forget what resources were used for which activities.  I hope that documenting my ideas and activities in the wiki will allow for the appropriate organization for the content.
References
Cennamo, K., Ross, J., & Ertmer, P. (2010). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    I love your idea of documenting your use of technology on a wiki. This is great for the use of others as well as yourself. I thought I was doing a pretty good job keeping a folder for each unit while I stuffed it full of my resources as I taught a unit. This was helpful for keeping the information I used, but I did not keep any notes or order for the resources I used. Your wiki will assist you in the future to improve your instruction and build on what you learn each time you use a resource. Great idea!

    - Curt G.

    ReplyDelete